Saturday, July 14, 2007

Beauty

One evening in Barcelona
when the sun sank in the sea
the red light broke in sparkles
and a million colors shined on me

And up until that day
nothing ever felt so true
and I'd never seen such beauty
until the day that I met you

On a bench in Park Guell
a man strummed his guitar
he hit the notes so pure
that it left me with a scar

And up until that day
there was no sound I'd rather have
and I'd never heard such beauty
until the day I heard your laugh

When I was walking through the dunes
I could feel the warm breeze blow
it surrounded my whole body
and made my dark skin glow

And up until that day
it never felt so in place
and I'd never felt such softness
until your hand touched my face

No comments: